It’s time for Top Ten Tuesday once again! TTT is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish where each week they provide a bookish theme for people to come up with a top ten. This week’s theme is Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR List.
Now, anyone who knows me knows that my TBR piles are groaning with books. However, thanks to the magic of Inter Library Loan, I present you with ten books I’m pretty sure I’m going to get through this fall (even if they haven’t been on my TBR list for very long):
1. Tower Lord by Anthony Ryan – a relatively new addition to my list, I breezed through the first book this weekend (an impulse loan from the library) and can’t wait to get to the sequel.
2. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – I’ve heard a lot of conflicting things about this book, but mostly positives. Plus, it’s been a while since I’ve read YA. Now if only the people with holds ahead of mine would hurry up and finish. 😛
3. Perdido Street Station by China Mieville – I started this book way back when I first got it as a gift, but I never finished. I’m hoping to come back to it this fall as Mieville’s style seems a good mix for Halloween spookiness.
4. After Iris by Natasha Farrant – I forget whose TTT post I saw this on, but it sounded so good. I’ve got high hopes for it.
5. The Constant Princess by Phillipa Gregory – I love Tudor-era history and fiction, so one would think I’d have gotten into Gregory long before now, but I tend to be one of those people who takes issue with changes that don’t need to be changed. So, when I heard that Gregory had flipped the birth order of Mary and Anne Boleyn in her novel The Other Boleyn Girl, I passed on it–and on all of her other books. However, now that she has more novels out, I’m hoping that by starting with a different book I’ll fall in love with her writing so much that that won’t bother me by the time I pick up TOBG. Fingers crossed.
6. Forge of Darkness by Steven Erikson – I’m not sure if I’ll get to this one this fall, but it’s been out for long enough that I’m starting to feel twinges over having not read the latest Malazan-world book.
7. The Black Company by Glenn Cook – I’ve been meaning to read this book for ages, and all the comparisons between Cook and Erikson (one of my favorite authors) is only making me more eager to get my hands on Cook’s work.
8. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant – I cannot believe I haven’t read this one yet, especially considering how much my mom loves it. If I don’t get around to it in the fall, it’ll definitely stay on my TBR list until I DO get to it.
9. Serena by Ron Rash – this book only came to my attention because it’s being made into a movie, true enough, but now that I’ve heard what it’s about I’m really curious to read the book and see how it goes.
10. The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials by James Dashner – with all of the publicity surrounding the second movie of the Maze Runner trilogy, I’m starting to wonder what all the hype is about, which is why I’ve added these two books (and, of course, the final one in the trilogy) to my TBR list. I want to see for myself how good (or bad) they really are. And then I’ll probably go see the movies.
What’s on your TBR list/shelf/what-have-you right now?